As inevitable as death and taxes, in all rental properties some type of maintenance issue will arise from time to time. Just as you would take care of your own home, you need to ensure that your rental property is kept in good working order.
This is not only financially beneficial, as it will ensure the value of your investment is upheld, it is also the right thing to do to keep quality tenants on side and also protect you from litigation.
Important items that our office keep an eye out at each visit to the property are:
- Window and door locks secure
- No ripples or loose threads in the carpet
- No sharp edges on tiles
- Power points secure and no cracks
- No uneven pavers
- Balcony railings secure
- Light fittings secure
- Appliances in good working order
- Adequate lighting in stairways and external walkway areas
- Dangerous objects protruding out
- General pool compliance
- No dry rot on external boards and steps
- Loose gutters and downpipes
- Adequate smoke detectors
- No trees or shrubs overhanging at eye level
…to name a few
If you’d like to get some personalised information on property investment, becoming a property investor or to expand your portfolio, our New Client Consultant Angela would welcome your call. Phone her on 0408 284 053.